Thursday 17 December 2009

Snow

Ride 12 of 100.

Met check I take it all back.

Set off from work at 4.15, not hopeful of anything other than a short ride home, got to the turning point and I could see the snow rolling in over the hills, left turn and almost instantly into a white out, yes a real bona fide white out, in Cheshire, at sea level, a white out to rival any I've ever had on Ben Nevis or Snowdon.

I had to stop once I got to the river, laughing at the absurdity of this, I couldn't see where the trail was and the river wasn't.

The music had to go, I was disoriented enough already, got to the motorway bridge and decided to stop and sit it out, yes thats "sit it out" in Cheshire, at sea level, you've every right to disbelieve me but it was truly astonishing.

Got going again soon and apart from the joy of riding in virgin snow there was nothing to report.

Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment