Thursday 31 December 2009

a heron and two shovellers

Ride 15 0f 100

First ride for over a week now, the sun was out and "most" of the sheet ice now gone, a late start meant that the sun was already warming the world, there was a brisk breeze in the air, very few people about, a few runners, the trails mostly rideable but wherever the trail was in shadow there was a menacing sheet of glassy ice. I managed to mince along the edge of most of them, only taking one tumble.

My mind was occupied by the thought that I was riding to somewhere with a purpose in mind rather than just riding for the pleasure of riding, I was meeting some friends who I hadn't seen for over a year, and we were meeting in a pub, for beer and food.

The route took in CS woods, and thankfully there was no CS action around this lovely morning, its as flat as a witches tit around here but the tight twistyness makes up for that, and wide bars add to the fun.

The pub was ace, the people were ace and now I'm home and bathed in both the literal and metaphorical sense, looking forward to tomorrow's ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment