Wednesday 27 January 2010

Watery light

Ride 23 of 100

This mornings ride was done for pleasure, pure and simples, basically I took the scenic route to work, exploring some long forgotten back lanes prompted by Sundays rememberances. Some of the old lanes have been upgraded due to the expansion of Manchester Airport but I soon caught my bearings and had an enjoyable ride.

That is until I saw the state of the road, hedge cuttings all over the place, no attempt to clean up, inconsiderate bastard, of course despite riding in the middle of the road and trying to avoid the trimmings I soon picked up a thorn, luckily it was a very slow flat that lasted all the way to work.

Even this couldn't spoil my ride and I was actually feeling something like a cyclist again, legs spinning freely and with a small amount of souplese, must have been last nights red !

I didn't even notice that it had started raining until I heard the buzzing from the overhead power lines and even then I wasn't bothered, an hour and half after setting off I pulled into work happy with my day so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment